Caccini's Euridice and the Birth of Opera
- an international conference on early baroque opera
The Royal Danish Academy of Music, Copenhagen
October 17 - 19 2008.
The conference was organized by Nordic Network for Early Opera in collaboration with Copenhagen Renaissance Music Festival and The Royal Danish Academy of Music.
The event opened with a masterclass concert with excerpts from Caccini's Euridice, led and introduced by Marco Horvat and Deda Cristina Colonna.
• Barbara Hanning - Professor, The City Collage, New York
• Magnus Tessing Schneider - Ph.D., Theatre science, Aarhus University
• Jette Barnholdt Hansen - Cand. Mag, Ass. Prof. in Rethorics, Copenhagen University
• Per-Erik Öhrn - opera director, writer, former artistic director of Drottningholms Slottsteater, Stockholm
• Marco Horvat - singer, instrumentalist, director, Paris/Rome
• Deda Cristina Colonna - director, choreographer, Novara, Italy
• John La Bouchardiére - opera director, London
• Chris Cowell - opera director, translator, London